2009-10-14

10/GUI

Ideas can be a wonderful thing, and part of me hopes this can be a functional idea:

10/GUI from C. Miller on Vimeo.



I think it's pretty cool, I haven't had a chance to see what Windows 7 actually does with multitouch, like 99.9999% of people I don't have an interface that supports it. It's does seem like 10/GUI has come up with a pretty interesting approach, and left the keyboard there, which is nice.

The gear head part of me hope's that in future everything is like Guitar Hero, seprate peripherals for every app. The guy that wants to live in an immaculate uber ergonomic Ikea future dome wants the one true interface, what ever that may be*

In any case, it's 2010 next year. Is it the future yet?

*I think the answer may ulimately look like multitouch breasts, volume, tactility and one for each hand. I am looking right at you Japan.

1 comment:

Cholesky said...

the ten finger multitouch is cool - but what does con10uum (or whatever) do that alt-tabbing doesn't? it arranges my applications in a queue (which is conveniently LRU sorted..) and I can position stuff however I want.